Jessica has been recognized as a preferred vendor to work with by her industry peers, earned TheKnot.com’s Best of Weddings award 9 times, and been inducted into TheKnot.com Hall of Fame. Jessica is a multi-award-winning photographer, a leader in her industry, and an educator to up-and-coming photographers through her Embark Retreat.
I’ve been wanting to do a ‘random things about me’ post for a while now, and I think today is the day! I will have some behind the scene photos of me photographing our Beauty and the Beast shoots next Freyday so make sure to come back for those….it’s gonna be good!
1) I took Russian for 6 years – Middle School, High School and College. But don’t ask me to ever speak to a Russian – it’s been 10 years, so without much practice that skill is long gone! I can howerver write, read & speak you a poem I learned in 7th grade 😉
1a) I lived in Russia as an exchange student for a month in 1996! Da!
2) I have a random obsession with Irish Step dancing – I hear the music and my feet just move on their own. I wish I had taken lessons!
2a) I may or may not have bought a pair of hard sole step shoes from Ireland and had them shipped to California. You know, just in case I ever get a chance to take lessons!
2b) I may or may not be on a first name basis with the band Sin Ri Ra at Nine Fine Irishmen in New York New York – Las Vegas 😉
3) I’ve worn contacts for 17 years. Ug. Too scared to do lasik eye surgery, and without my contacts I’m completely helpless!
4) I LOVE, I mean LOVE playing basketball! I may only be 5’6″ but I’ve got a mean 3 point shot – and was a wiz at the freethrow line…..and I’ll box you out low and hard if I have to – Game of 21 or HORSE anyone?!
4a) My mom was a HS Varsity basketball coach, so I kinda had to start playing young – I adore the photos of me as a little girl with perfect follow through on my fisher price Dr. J hoop and foam ball! And here is my photo from high school – Go Lady Tigers!
5) I’m deathly afraid of pillow fights. But only because when I was 10 I was at a sleepover and my friend’s brother hit me with a pillow causing me to fall backwards….and break my arm!
5b) Full arm cast and a week later I was on the basketball court shagging balls and ended up breaking my thumb on my other hand. Double awesome for a 10 year old.
Jessica Frey is an award-winning, Texas Hill Country-based international wedding photographer committed to delivering a high-quality experience complete with stunning and joyful images.